https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Dutch Doobadoo April blog hop

Hi guys, the girls at Dutch Doobadoo are doing another blog hop  15th - 18th April
this time showing the shape art stencil

Here is what I have created with it,
I have cut round the stencil with a piece of card then added a piece of designer paper on the top and cut round the card stock, this way you get the exact cut out shape, I distressed my edges with a distress tool and inked with vintage photo, just because this is something I like to do,
I added a hint of a perfect pearls mist too on the paper for a little added detail,
the gorgeous DD  card board bird houses  472.309.005 I covered with some paper and cut round the shapes with a knife, the one on the ground I added a lolly stick which I trimmed down to size, covered with gesso and added a script stamp too,

The bird is from the same set and this time I have painted it with chalk effect acrylic paint and added a pearl dot for it's eye,
In the left hand side corner I added some of my favourite  honeycomb soft board and then layered a few flowers and cheesecloth,


To finish off the project I added a brick effect using home made 3d paste coloured when dry with chalks and I added a butterfly made a  Martha Stewart mould and delight air dry clay from Crafts and Me,
The beautiful tree branch die my lovely sister lent me and I have cut it out using grunge board and coloured it using chalk again and added some cut out flowers from the same die, a little cheesecloth finishes it off too,
You should have come from Monique, if so your on the right track if not go back to Dutch Doobadoo for the list, when you have done all the hop and left your comments go back to DD and leave a comment on there to let us know you've finished,
hope we've given you some inspiration on using DD products,

 470.007.001

472.309.005
Happy Crafting!
Hugs Liz xx

40 comments:

Vigdis said...

I love your card. It is simply gorgeous :-)

Unknown said...

I think it's very pretty. A nice idea is this.
Greetings Tanja

Mieke Duckers said...

Door de mal maar een keer te gebruiken, benadruk je de vorm veel meer! Dat ga ik zeker ook eens proberen! Een mooie "strakke"kaart is het geworden! Liefs, Mieke

Jolanda said...

Nice!!!

Gehaakte cadeautjes said...

Nice card.
Hugs, Desiree

Unknown said...

Beautyfull

Elfjesdroom said...

wat een leuke kaart, zo zie je maar dat je niet altijd een afbeelding hoeft te gebruiken...groetjes Elvira

Marjolein Belder said...

Love the birdhouses! So cute!

Beisforbeauty said...

Love IT

Liefs Cindy

Beisforbeauty said...

Love IT

Liefs Cindy

Marlies said...

Wow, what a pretty card you made, Liz! Happy crafting!
Marlies

janieworkum said...

Wat een schitterende kaart prachtige kleuren gebruikt.
En nu naar de laatste hop
groetjes Janie

Kaartengek17 said...

oh leuk...net zoals altijd van jou...

jackelien said...

Very nice card.
Huggs jackelien

Ellie Bakker said...

Hoi Liz,
Een hele mooie kaart.
Groetjes Ellie

kironieke said...

Such a lovely card and so different from the others on the bloghop. This is my absolute favorite. looking forward to seeing other designs by you.

ingrid said...

Nice card. I like this idee off using the mal.

Hugs Ingrid

Marijke Dijk said...

leuke kaart!

Tineke van der Linden said...

Wat een prachtige lentekaart! Lief met de vogeltjes en de vogelhuisjes.
Groetjes Tineke

creamien said...

Wow what a great card.

Greets,Marina

Feikje said...

A very nice card Liz! Love the wall on you card!

Marlies said...

Heel erg leuk, in mijn tuin nestelen de vogels ook volop! Groetjes, Marlies

Unknown said...

Hele mooie kaart!!

Groetjes Giovanna

coops said...

so stunning liz.fabulous shape and I love the gorgeous bird and birdhouses :D

xx coops xx

Yvonne Donders said...

It is a beautiful card. Thanks for this gorgeous example of what you cabn do with DDBD and the shape art stencils.

Love Yvonne

A3dL said...

Very nice card !!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

I just love your shabby chic style hon! And love what you've done with the stencil, creative and beautiful! xo xo

Dawn said...

What a gorgeous card Liz! I love all the tiny little details!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & leaving a little love!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

hoppity hippity...wow ..I like the card...originale !!! so diffferent from the others but so DDD ....

Adrienne said...

Weer een heel ander idee.

Aartje said...

Great card, love the style,
Hugs Aartje

Brenda said...

Great project. Love it.

Petra-loves-paper said...

what a surprising different card, very beautiful!

Jokecreatief said...

Great card, with lovely colors and birdhouses.

Made by Natas said...

Hele mooie kaart, de vorm van de mal komt zo goed uit.
Groetjes, Natascha

Sonja's Creatie's said...

Heel erg leuk gemaakt, en wat apart weer in die techniek.

Isje said...

Helemaal schoon gewassen bij de vorige hop kom ik bij Liz terecht, maar goed dat ik een bad heb genomen nu ik in een nieuw huis terecht komt. Mooie, chique, rustige kaart.
Groetjes Ismel

Tanja said...

Mooie kaart en leuke materialen...schattige vogeltjes!
Xx Tanja

Marian van der Wals said...

What a wonderful card. And different of all off your collaegs(hope a write t oke) It made him very special!!!

Sandra said...

Wow this is very beautifull!!
Greetz Sandra