https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Christmas stockings

I'm back today with my DT post for
I've made a couple of Christmas stockings,
The first is a slightly vintage style,
I used some of the beautiful 46mm white Guipure lace on the top and some of the gold coloured sequins,

I used a template off my Cameo machine just making it larger, then I used one of the papers from the North Pole paper collection, for the base, The vintage style image is from the North Pole paper collection, I distressed the edges a little,
I built up layers with some of the fabulous Scrapiniec mesh background and some of the Christmas tree ribbon, I also used a  Wycinanka chipboard - Winter is coming garland - 01 which I have cut down,
I got this gorgeous Craft Passion - Holly with fruits die in my DT package the other day and it went fab with the image too, these dies cut beautifully first time, I slightly rounded the fruits/berries die cuts with my ball tool to give a little 3D effect,
I then used the same die behind a poinsettia die I have, this I cut out, layered it up then added a gold coloured sequin for the middle, I also used some of the decorative twig in red and some red Pomegrante apples too,
My second stocking is more shabby chic in style,
I used the same template, but don't they look so different? the papers used on this one are from the North Pole paper collection, I used some of the gorgeous shabby ruffle trim in white on the top this time, a silver coloured sequin and then some 25mm Guipure lace in white underneath,
Further down the stocking I also used some cotton lace,
I coloured this magnolia image with my distress re-inkers to match in with the colours adding a little purple too, I then used some purple Pomegrante Apples to bring the colour in too,
Behind my poinsettia I've used the same holly die cut from Craft passion and a Scrapiniec holly leaf which came as part of the  Big Holly Wreath chipboard by Scrapiniec, I also used a white Pomegrante apple this time as the center,
Close up of image and the gorgeous chipboard Poinsettia by Scrapiniec which I have covered with glamour dust and glitters like mad in real life,
So there you have two stockings, made similar but which look so different,
See you soon,
Happy Crafting!! 

8 comments:

Pamellia said...

These are beautiful Liz! I love the stocking shape, so fun. My two favourite colour combos, traditional red and green, and wintery blues! Gorgeous!

Inkypinkydelights said...

These are great Liz. Especially the Tilda one! Judy x

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Liz,
I absolutely adore your Christmas stockings. The shabby chic style is stunning!
I agree with you even though they are from the same template they both look very different but so equally gorgeous. I love all the layers & all the different embellishments. Stunning.

I am ordering the Cameo 3 for myself next week so it is wonderful to see how their templates can be used. I am getting this one for sure :) Thank you for sharing.

Hugs
Lisa @ Papercraft Business
Join our Facebook Group For papercrafters who want to take their hobby to the next level.

Gina's Cards said...

OMG they are both so beautiful! Love the colours and fabulous designs!
Hugs
Gina xx

Vicky said...

Oooh these ate stunning sweetie & I couldn't possibly pick a favourite as they are both gorgeous in their own right. I'm gonna have to get this template for my silhouette I love it. So incredibly gorgeous hun.

If you email me sweetie & I will send you a link where I got mine from I've also got bottle caps that fit them & they have little holes so they can hang. Will send you the link to them also if you like shug. email is craigpss@aol.com jyst incase you can't remember it sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous stocking and love to papers and colours. Carol S.xx

Ribbon Girl said...

both stockings are gorgeous Liz!

Ribbon Girl said...

Hi Liz, no I didnt get any stockings made but I tried a never ending card for the first time - still no housework done - but have baked bread and made jam today, housework is overated dont you think? Enjoy your crafting Liz, Mary xx